Delta Touch Faucet Problems
Things are not always perfect in our life. Sometimes you may face different problems that you can solve by yourself. Like that, your delta touch kitchen faucet may present faults some times and we know it can be a very stressful situation.
That is why we decided to make a top 5 list of the most common delta touch faucet problems and their solutions, so you can solve them without losing your head and your money as well.
Of course, there are several problems that are a bit more difficult to solve by yourself if you are not an expert. When you cannot do that by yourself, we recommend you to the Delta Tech2O concierge team.
“The Delta Specialist may request pictures of your faucet. We suggest you take a couple of photos with your smartphone”
So, we invite you to read this guide completely and carefully to discover things that maybe you did not know about your delta touch kitchen faucet.
Delta touch faucet blinking red light
This is something that makes everybody confused when they buy a smart kitchen faucet for the first time. It is the most common issue and it can be associated with Delta touch faucets too. At first, you need to know what does it means when a specific color of led light is active.
- When the light turns slightly red, it indicates that the batteries are low.
- When the red light stays on, the batteries have been fully depleted. Change the batteries to fix the error or confirm the LED wire is fully plugged in.
- If the light is blue, it indicates that the system is working properly.
- LED always magenta? Confirm the solenoid was manufactured after June 2015.
However, if you are still facing the blinking red light issue replace the LED base or the faucet as applicable.back to menu ↑
Delta touch faucet not turning on
First, clear the area underneath your sink to avoid any clogs or blockage happening, as you need to avoid anything touching the complex wiring. Check if the water is turned on for your faucet. Check your batteries and pull them out for at least 30 seconds and reset the full system.
- Make sure that the wires are not touching any metal or granite and are connected correctly. Look for any loose wires and adjust them to be in a position where they do not cross each other or touch anything that is metal.
- If using metal or granite sink, ensure proper insulation and isolation. The spout insulator and isolation plate under the deck should be installed correctly.
- If metal or granite sink, confirm the faucet shank is not touching inside the edge of the sinkhole and is clear of the sink by a minimum of ½ inch.
- Separate the LED, sensor, and battery wires by a minimum of 2 inches, and Confirm the LED wires are not pinched and fully plugged in.
- Unplug the LED wire and try to operate the faucet. If faucet operates normally replace the LED base.
- Confirm the sensor wire hook is tight and secure.
- Ensure batteries are good and in the proper orientation.
- If the AC adapter is being used, ensure it is not plugged into a switched outlet and the plug is grounded.
Delta touch faucet no hot water
Do not buy repair parts until you know what is needed. At first, shut off the main water supply and then remove the hot water supply line of the faucet, direct it into a bucket and then turn on the main water supply again.
If water comes out, reattach the supply line, remove the handle, ball, seats, and springs. Now turn on the water supply again. If the hot water comes out, you are good to go. If there is no water, replace the faucet.back to menu ↑
Fix delta faucet low hot water pressure
There could be one of the two solutions regarding low hot water pressure. One is simple and another is a bit more complex.back to menu ↑
- Turn off hot water angle stop under the sink to the faucet.
- Remove the supply line from the hot angle stop.
- Place the end of the supply line in a small bucket to catch some water.
- Turn on cold water for a couple of seconds and backflush debris from the faucet.
- Reconnect supply line.
- Turn on angle stop and test
If you have steel pipes, you might be experiencing reduced flow due to corrosion in your pipes. Reduced hot water pressure in the kitchen faucet is usually the first sign since this is the most used faucet in your house. Remember, repiping is a job for a professional.back to menu ↑
Delta touch faucet dripping
Delta will replace any parts for your kitchen faucet, almost no questions asked. Send an email to the customer service address on their website with a brief description of the issue. Mention the part or model number with a couple of pictures, and what you have done already (recommended maintenance, etc).
They are always been more than accommodating and shipped replacements immediately.
That’s all for now. We hope this guide helped you find and fix your delta kitchen faucet issues that you were facing.
If you are looking for some guidance and help to find the best kitchen faucet for your kitchen, then you should take a look at our exclusive buyer’s guide about How to Pick the Best Kitchen Faucet for your kitchen.
Find us on Facebook.